Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jan. 6


Today I went and jumped in the tanning bed for 20 min. because I was feeling so "white" and I hate that feeling. As I was laying there I thought, "Okay, I wonder how many wrinkles, age spots, and freckles I just added to my face/body?" I hate the thought of premature aging, or worse, skin cancer so about a year ago I asked my doctor about tanning and his thoughts on it. I told him.. I'm not all about being the darkest girl around, I just want to keep a little color on my skin during the dreaded winter months. He told me if I only tan once every 2 weeks, or 2-3 times a month and wear lotion with UVA/UVB protection it shouldn't have too much of an effect on me, considering I'm not burning myself in there as well! So that's what I've been doing!! I also use Jergens Natural Glow Daily Facial Moisturizer everyday and again before I tan (it also has SPF 20) which also helps add some natural looking color without damaging my skin!! I'm at the point in my life where I don't want to be looking 50 when I'm only 40 just so I can look tan today!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. amen sista! i love tanning and having some color, but i don't want to be the girl who looks like she's 60 at age 30!!

    ReplyDelete